New Test Build 1.12: Mouse Enhancements and Bug Fixes
I've just finished uploading new test build 1.12, which includes mouse enhancements and several bug fixes.
The build is available to anyone who owns the game at bluebottlegames.com, or on Desura and Steam. Desura (and therefore, Groupees) users can use Desura Connect to gain access here, or even get their Steam keys and try it on Steam.
To access the test build on the official site, simply visit the game page, and click any of the download links below the usual Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons (look for a red "Test" button).
Steam users can access the test build by opting into the beta for it.
Updates Included in the Test Build
Test build 1.12 includes the following changes:
- Added code to drop only one item in dragged stack if right-click.
- Added code to rotate dragged item if using mousewheel.
- Added code to cleanup orphan quick recipe buttons on click.
- Changed flashlights and NV goggles to deplete when "on" even if not equipped.
- Fixed a null-pointer bug in ConfirmCraft if no current recipe set.
- Fixed a bug that caused random UVD loot to never spawn Hiya Poopy case.
- Fixed a bug that caused crash site loot to spawn soup chunks instead of cans.
- Fixed a bug in locked/off iSlab that allowed telling time.
- Fixed a bug that caused "exit" option in Rollo conversation to be missing, and only available via spacebar.
- Fixed a bug in the preloader that caused SWF version to fail transition into title screen when done loading.
- Fixed a bug that caused whole item stacks to be identified on load if one in stack was identified on save.
The major change here is the mouse update. Based on some player feedback, I added the ability to rotate items and drop single items from stacks using only the mouse. This should go a long way towards making the game playable entirely with a mouse.
The bug fixes are mostly minor, though one major null-pointer fix to crafting may reduce some of the random bugs we've been seeing.
The likelihood that this version of NEO Scavenger will work with previous saves is: likely.
As usual, the older the save game version, the less likely it is to work.
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!