New Test Build 0.9932: DMC Drone, New Items and Recipes, and Fixes
I've just finished uploading new test beta 0.9932b, which replaces the DMC sniper, adds some new items, new sounds, and fixes and balances several of the issues found in v0.9931b.
The build is available to anyone who owns the beta at bluebottlegames.com, or on Desura and Steam. Desura (and therefore, Groupees) users can use Desura Connect to gain access here, or even get their Steam keys and try it on Steam.
To access the test build on the official site, simply visit the beta page, and click any of the download links below the usual Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons.
Steam users can access the test build by opting into the beta for it.
Updates Included in the Test Beta
Test beta 0.9932b includes the following changes:
- Added new DMC SkyCorps Drone to replace DMC Sniper as support for DMC Guards.
- Added new items and recipes for players with mechanic and electrician.
- Added new field to recipes for controlling how output degrades based on consumed inputs. (e.g. allowing modders to create repair recipes)
- Added Paul's new sounds for items.
- Added new "Player" creature type, from which player stats are derived. (For modding.)
- Added blisters when wearing footwear on wrong foot.
- Added missing Saginaw encounter choices if player talks to Liza.
- Changed fire and shard recipes to always output 100% items.
- Fixed confiscated item locker to disappear after one turn, leaving items on the ground.
- Fixed a bug that caused items to overlap in containers sometimes (e.g. after container was discharged and refilled).
- Fixed immunities to also ignore status messaged, not just effects of conditions.
- Fixed Saginaw encounter to prevent player conversing with Liza again after agreeing to help her.
- Fixed a bug that caused previous target image to change incorrectly when current target cycled.
- Fixed a bug that caused attackmode discharges to deduct wrong amount if charge profile required more than one charge per attack.
- Fixed a bug that caused Blue Rot to infinitely recur instead of passing naturally.
- Fixed a bug that caused software to get stuck on screen if swapped with a battery in a charged hardware item.
- Fixed typo in ATN encounter.
- Fixed a bug that caused container contents to rotate if inside an item being crafted.
- Fixed a bug that caused Hatter encounter to fail triggering after using Trapping or Tracking.
- Fixed a bug that made SetImmunity only add immunities, not remove them.
- Fixed a bug that caused gas mask filters to not fit in most containers.
- Fixed a null-pointer bug that occasionally happened when game finishing and changing to title screen.
- Fixed a bug that allowed treasures to be duplicated in Merga's Realm.
- Fixed a bug that caused North wing to be a dead-end/exit encounter.
- Fixed a missing exit bug in Rollo's chambers after revisiting him
- Removed ItmHuntingRifle.png, as it was unused (strapless rifle across back).
One of the bigger additions here is the new DMC Drone. Guards will no longer call for sniper support. Instead, this UAV will appear when called. This drone does not have the sniper's invisibility and hard-to-hit buffs, and combined with its mobility, should be a more plausible DMC support unit than the "old magic sniper."
Along with the drone are some new items and recipes which should reward players risking electrician+mechanic builds. Several changes were made to support modders, including immunity fixes, exposing player starting conditions, and recipe enhancements.
I also had a chance to add a new batch of Paul's sound effects, which should nearly cover all wearable/handheld items in the game.
Finally, there was a raft of fixes for improved stability and balance.
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!