NEO Scavenger Demo Now On Steam!
NEO Scavenger's demo is now available on Steam. With this update, you should be able to try out the game without having to leave the comfort of the Steam client.
The demo provides unlimited play time, with a sampling of the content and features from the full version. However, even the limited content should provide several hours of play thanks to random map features, creature spawns, loot, and weather. I encourage new players to try the demo first, to see if it's something they enjoy!
If you decide NEO Scavenger is something you enjoy, that's great! The full version also includes:
- Save games - You can save and quit at any time, to resume later.
- Full Map - No limits on map exploration.
- More Items - More item types and loot variety.
- More Crafting - Wider range of recipes for crafting.
- Detroit - Access to a major city, with services and encounters.
- Junk Market - A place to barter for supplies.
- More Encounters - More events like the cryo facility opening encounter (currently about ~10 as big or bigger than cryo, and ~100 mini encounters, and more coming)
- Hacking - Hardware and software loot can be mined for data. Some valuable, others humorous, some historical.
- Full Soundtrack - The game has a dozen beautiful tracks that play occasionally, composed by Josh Culler.
Playing the demo is one of the best ways to see if NEO Scavenger is the game for you, and if it runs okay on your machine. Give it a shot, and we hope to see you join us in the wasteland!