New Beta and Demo Builds: Delete Items and Bug Fixes
I've just finished uploading new beta (0.951b) and demo (0.951d) builds, updating both the browser and downloadable versions.
As mentioned Tuesday, the biggest change is the new ability to delete items:
Clicking the button for deleting items (top right in the image above) will change the cursor to a red delete cursor. Any item clicked on with this cursor will be destroyed, so be careful where you click! I've added a few checks to make sure important things aren't deleted, such as encounter choices, skills, combat moves, etc. But if you run into any issues, let me know!
Also, the hotkey for delete mode is "5."
There are quite a few bug fixes included in this build, including:
- Added code to group combat options by type in battle. (Makes retreat/advance/attack/etc moves appear next to each other).
- Fixed a bug that would cause battles to be interrupted by other encounters.
- Fixed a bug that would block certain outcomes at the House at Seven Gables Road.
- Fixed a bug that would cause combat moves to disappear if changing attack modes while move selected.
- Fixed a bug allowing player to consume items in junk market without paying for them.
- Fixed a typo in Hatter encounter.
- Fixed bug which caused scavenge locations to pile up in hexes over time.
- Fixed bug which caused hoodie pocket to disappear even if a valid destination.
- Fixed a bug that would cause rotated items to glitch and look weird if rotated while dragging and then released.
- Fixed a bug that caused squirrel meat to turn into spoiled squirrels when consumed (fixes some other items as well).
- Fixed a bug in battle AI that may have caused weirdness when AI was last person in battle.
- Fixed a bug that caused fatigue conditions to stick when sleeping (e.g. "blacking out never" went away).
- Changed sleeping conditions to make it harder to sleep when rested, easier when tired.
It's possible that some of the weirdness we've been seeing in the build was the result of one of these bugs, especially if one of them caused a silent crash that led to the game breaking down. If you've reported a bug recently, and you still see it happening after this update, feel free to update your thread to let me know it's still happening. It's possible there are multiple causes of the same symptoms.
Also, if you're having trouble seeing the browser version update, it's sometimes necessary to force refresh your browser (shift F5, ctrl F5, or similar).
Desura Build Update
The Desura build will be updated with these fixes shortly. It has been uploaded, and is just awaiting a verification from Desura's staff.
Desura Key Requests
If you are a beta user, you'll notice a new icon below the beta on the website:
Clicking that badge will open up the Desura key request form. Just input the email address you use at Desura, and it'll get submitted for processing. I'll collect all requests at the end of each day, and send them to Desura in a batch.
Once they've had a chance to process them, they should send you an email. Hopefully, that's it! This is my first time doing it, though, so bear with me :)