[Mod] Gariba's Extras and Miscellaneous 1.4
This mod (GEM, for short) adds new items and recipes for existing non-craftable items, based on things I wanted for myself and suggestions/requests. Please leave comments, feedback and suggestions. Cheers =)
- Craftable broadhead arrows (non-crude): Requires Mechanic and Ranged skill, 1 medium shaft (branch), 3 springy sheet (paper, foil), small string and 2 small mechanical parts. I thought of this since from what I saw broadhead arrows have metal tips, and it would take a bit of metalworking knowledge.
- NEW Piercing arrows (non-crude): Requires Mechanic and Ranged skill, 1 medium shaft (branch), 3 springy sheet (paper, foil), small string, sharp point and 2 small mechanical parts. Made by request of WolvenErus, it deals less damage than broadhead arrows but has higher penetration, making it the best arrow vs armor, especially when used with a compound bow, even better than most ranged weapons. This is actually reasonable, since most ballistic armour is made to withstand bullet shots, but arrows (decent enough and with a bow/crossbow with enough punch) can just pierce through the fibers.
- NEW Bandages: Same crafting recipes as clean rags (boiled or desinfected), PLUS Medic skill.Functionally identical to clean rags, but they occupy 1/3 of their space and can only stack up to 5. The drawback is that they are small and cannot be stored in shopping carts, for example.
- NEW Buyable iSlab and Smartphone: Unlocked electronics available at the C-Store in DMC, but are expensive.
- NEW Power Outlets: Found on the cryo facility and urban hexes with power (the ones that have light at night), an electritian with some small mechanical parts and tools can turn it into a power tap for all your electrical needs.
- NEW Makeshift Hot Plate: A bunch of parts sorted together inside a first-aid kit, this portable device heats when powered, enough to boil water and cook meat. Uses a laptop battery.
- NEW Martial moves: Characters trained in melee combat have access to two new battle moves: Lunge and Backpedal Strike. These moves move one space towards or away from the target while attacking them. Good when combined with a spear to keep enemies from getting close while still causing damage. It also fatigues you a bit more.
For those who have had a hand in editing the game's xml, it's pretty easy to merge this mod with others. For those who have no clue how to do it, leave a comment and I'll try to upload a merge ASAP.
For those who downloaded the Craftable broadhead arrows mod, it has been deprecated, so remove it before installing this mod.
NSE 4.2 merge download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdrgzz2f8m3xfdn/GEM%201.4%20-%20NSE%204.2%20merge.rar?dl=1
Install NSE first, then replace the 0 (zero) folder with the one from this download.
PS: The bandages were REMOVED from the NSE merge version, since it already adds bandages that I think are better than my own.
Added bandages and pierce arrows
Added iSlab and Smartphone to C-Store
Added craftable Makeshift Hot plate, Power Outlet to cryo and urban hexes
Fixed standalone version not loading
Fixed missing images for the hotplate
Added Lunge and Backpedal Strike battle moves
Added back the buyable electronics
Added restrictions to lunge and backpedal (you're hopping around, so you need healthy legs and no vehicle)
Fixed hotplate not using charges
Fixed not being able to store laptop battery in open hotplate
Fixed permanent "carrying torch" condition from can lanterns
Updated merge to NSE 4.2
Fixed hotplate not being usable with NSE due to recipes now requiring medium heat sources
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gariba's Extras and Miscellaneous: