News

  • Making Downloads Work

    Hey Folks! More webdev work today, as I started migrating the download system into the live test server.

    It started out pretty straightforward, as I checked-in the files, uploaded them to the server, and began testing. I had a few bumps as I changed things to work in the new environment (e.g. adding some code to bootstrap the content management system on a stand-alone PHP page).

  • Webdev Unlocked

    Hey Folks! Another webdev day today, and probably at least one more in store. Today's tasks were twofold: establish access to the test server, and setup the order template.

    The first task was basically getting me setup to start editing files on our test server. Until now, the webdev team I hired made all changes, and anything I asked for was done indirectly through them. This

  • Webdev Setup, and Some Orbital UIs

    Hey Folks! Still a bit of downtime as Tiago finishes up the DPI-switching code, so I continued my resurrection of the orbital plotter prototype today. I now have the orbit plots aligned with the display center, and scaled to "kiss" the edges of the display. This will be my default 100% zoom of an orbit, from which I can start scaling up or down to represent zooming in/out.

    The

  • Hope for a Crash Fix? Plus New Track, and Orbits

    Hey Folks! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We decided to have fun this weekend, as opposed to unpacking/cleaning/fixing the house. Hawaiian poke, gourmet cupcakes, pho, and lakeside burgers were among the highlights. Yum!

    I apologize for the lack of news Friday. Part of said weekend o' fun involved quitting early Friday since there wasn't much on my plate for once.

  • Fix Fake-out, Crafting Fix, and Store Updates

    Hey Folks! We had a brief celebratory moment this morning when we thought the crash bug was fixed. But after more testing, it appears there was a false success. My iPad 3 is still crashing intermittently when on encounter screens.

    What's interesting, though, is that this is even after fixing memory leaks. The memory footprint was rock-solid for several minutes before the crash, and

  • Memleak Is Back, and Brought His Minion, Crafting Bug

    Hey Folks! No fix for the iPad 3 crash bug yet, but the situation is developing.

    It turns out this may be a memory leak after all. Tiago got his hands on an iPad 2 for testing, and while the timing is different, the outcome is similar. He was also able to spot some weird memory usage patterns. Up until now, I've erroneously thought my iPad 3's memory usage was stable, but

  • Setbacks On Two Fronts

    Hey Folks! Unfortunately, both the iOS and website situations experienced some setbacks today.

    The draw call optimizations Tiago recently made haven't stopped the crashing on my iPad3. We think it has affected the rate, possibly for the better. But we're still seeing crashes in the ballpark of 1-5 minutes on encounter screens, and 0:40-2:00 on the hex map. Still short enough

  • Building On OSX, Draw Call Culling

    Hey Folks! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We did some local neighborhood clean-up volunteering, and yet another round of home improvement/move-in/cleaning. So pretty busy! We celebrated our hard work by getting tipsy on a bottle of Semillon, eating cheese, pickles, and bagels, and watching Arrival. Would do again :)

    Today, I decided to bite the bullet and try to figure out building

  • Bugs Decimated, New Site Update

    Hey Folks! It was a super productive day today, I'm happy to report. Lots of bugs solved, a possible solution on the horizon for one of the remaining major bugs, and a new website update!

    The bug squashing began with changing the way auto sort works on mobile. The teensy button was really hard to hit with touchscreen, and especially so on smartphones. And there wasn't enough

  • Cursor Modes, Grid Placement, Auto Sort

    Hey Folks! A few more bugs fixed today, as we try to reach issue-count: 0. (Or at least, issues above 6 severity: 0.)

    I managed to figure out what was wrong with my cursor mode tray toggle, and got that checked-in today. As is often the case with game code, simplicity solved the problems. It was trying to do tray in/out logic in two places, and they ended up stepping on each other'