Skilled Combat Moves, Random Encounters
Been working on skill-specific combat moves today. So far, combat has offered almost all of the same moves to all combatants.
Starting in the next build, there will be some new moves only available to creatures with certain skills. Here's a preview:
Coming soon: more pain!
Many of these moves won't come up all the time, but when they do, they should offer interesting tactical options. They should also make skill selection matter a bit more.
I'll also be doing a review of the existing creatures, and granting them skills appropriate to their backgrounds. Expect to see strong, tough dogmen soon!
Despite all the news about combat and wounds, work on encounters continues too. Cameron's been working hard on a raft of random encounters. During our work on plot, Cameron thought of quite a few interesting moral quandaries to pit the player against. There's still much to be done, so these won't be available for a while. But once in place, they should make the world seem much more alive!
I made a few other changes this morning as well. They include:
- A fix to make tannin tea recipes accept purified water as an ingredient, instead of just impure water types.
- Fixed a bug that caused whole stacks to disappear when used.
- Feeble trait now reduces attack damage on melee attacks.
- Frail creatures now receive greater damage when hit.
- Athletic creatures have a bonus to avoid tripping in combat.
Hopefully, I can get these changes wrapped up tomorrow, and uploaded. Have a good night all!