Hey Folks! Tiago's moved into his new apartment now (mostly), and was able to get back to bug fixing. And momentum is picking up!
First on the list was a null pointer bug after combat when using his memory leak fixes. We tossed around some code this morning, and were able to narrow it down to one or two places. We figured out some ways to avoid the issue, and Tiago's going to additionally make his clean-up code run a bit later to ensure the game has a chance to do whatever it needs before the creature is destroyed from memory.
We also discussed how best to include the new app icon art, as it involves some new source files and icon sizes (particularly for smartphones, now that we have the zoom UI to make playing on them feasible). I re-exported all the necessary sizes for both Android and iOS, then checked those in. Here's a preview:
Finally, I reworked the button click noises to be a bit softer. Specifically, I ran some de-click filters on it to cut the high frequencies and expose the low-mid range, which seems more satisfying and crunchy than the older, piercing noises. This is aimed particularly at small device speakers with minimal low-mid range volume.
And over in the world of space music, Josh's latest docking track is a winner. It conjures up that warm, welcoming safety feeling after days or months of tense spaceflight. I've officially approved the track, and the OST is shaping up nicely!
That's all for this week. Have a good weekend, all!