New Test Build 0.991b: More Modding Fixes, and OOO Monday
I've just finished uploading new test beta 0.991b, which fixes several additional issues found in the mod-loading system, as well as a few minor "vanilla game" bugs.
The build is available to anyone who owns the beta at bluebottlegames.com, or on Desura and Steam. Desura (and therefore, Groupees) users can use Desura Connect to gain access here, or even get their Steam keys and try it on Steam.
To access the test build on the official site, simply visit the beta page, and click any of the download links below the usual Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons.
Steam users can access the test build by opting into the beta for it.
Updates Included in the Test Beta
Test beta 0.991b includes the following changes:
- Changed LoseRandomItem to accept property ID instead of nGroupID (to support mods better).
- Changed Add/Remove skill and trait conditions to be "Effect" type instead of "Field" type. To support modding IDs.
- Changed remapper to handle mod-sensitive IDs within condition effects.
- Fixed a bug that caused recipe loading to choose an out-of-index value. (Occasional stall during game load.)
- Fixed a bug that caused encounters to ignore new mod encounters as outcomes.
- Fixed a bug that caused items to be destroyed during crafting if inside containers that were destroyed.
The big updates here are some additional fixes to the mod-loading and ID remapping system. Some IDs (e.g. within condition effects, encounters) were not being properly remapped in mods. Some of those conditions have also been updated to be more compatible with modding IDs. (Eye augs, in particular.)
I also found and fixed two minor issues in the vanilla game involving game-loading crashes and crafting items disappearing.
Lastly, I will be out of the office Monday, and back on Tuesday. I'll be checking-in periodically, however, in case there are any problems over the weekend.
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!