Encounter Branch Drafted, Revising and Next Branch
Hey Folks! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was actually pretty busy, unfortunately. More snow shovelling on the endless driveway, and catching up on chores we skipped last week while out of town. Exhausting! But hey, I suppose I got a bit of exercise.
Today, I resumed work on the encounter branch I started last week. And I think I've got it just about done. First draft, anyway. I have most of the text nodes written, and branching options mapped out. I even have a few of the item packs and conditions setup (e.g. lists of available items/options at each stage, and conditions applied to track variables). I'll need to finish those later.
I started work on a new branch today, and immediately noticed that certain sections of it are probably similar to the first. I may need to weave this new branch in and out of the original one where appropriate (to avoid redundant nodes), but there's definitely a point where it goes in a different direction. Also, the first branch will have one definite way to lead into the second one, so that needs sorting out, too.
Besides the above, I had a chance to catch up on some tech support threads in the various forums. And thanks to those reports, I was able to find and fix a bug with the TAB key in encounters/battle. I also changed DMC guards to always start with fresh equipment, due to some feedback I read. And finally, I lowered degrade rates a bit for all types of arrows.
I'm kinda liking this rhythm of a few bugs and a few encounter nodes each day. Good way to balance work!
Anyway, that's all for today. Have a good night, all!
PS: If you're reading this around 6pm Pacific time, you might be able to catch CrimsonBrotus's live Twitch stream of NEO Scavenger. I, unfortunately, have to duck out for some errands, but I did manage to catch her surviving Zom Zom's for the first time. Good luck out there, Crimson!