Blue Bottle Games is a developer of video game software for web, desktop, and mobile platforms. We serve the core role-playing game market by making role-playing games that focus on:
- exploring worlds
- customizing characters and equipment
- creative problem solving
We aim to be the go-to developer for rpg fans who want to play computer games their way; a company that is home to top-notch talent, who love playing the products they make; a company that is driven by employees first, not investors.
Blue Bottle Games is a small, focused game studio, and respects the user and their time. Our business philosophy can be described in the following tenets:
- favor intrinsic motivation rather than tricking users into playing certain ways or at certain times
- avoid DRM, and instead try to leverage piracy as a tool
- grow our business slowly, sustainably, and only as needed
- stay adaptable to target market's needs and changing market technologies
- don't abandon core market in pursuit of larger revenue
- give customers tools to create content as a means to expand our games, share with others, and increase loyalty
- avoid ads as a source of revenue, to reinforce Blue Bottle Games brand as a quality developer. Instead, leverage existing games to advertise new games, especially those sharing same setting.
- focus hiring on those with strong motivation and teamwork skills, to foster a workplace with high energy and optimism
Blue Bottle Games makes video games for players who enjoyed pen and paper role-playing games and want to have those experiences on the computer. We tailor our games to those who enjoy CRPGs but who dislike being pressured to play with others or at certain times.
Blue Bottle Studio Team
Daniel Fedor- Dan is the founder of Blue Bottle Games. Before that, he worked at BioWare for 7 years on AAA rpgs, and as a lead artist and web developer before then. He is a huge rpg nerd, with a deep passion and long history of RPG and strategy gaming. He loves science fiction, post apocalyptic, and fantasy genres.
A Press Kit is available which includes the Blue Bottle Games logo (vector and raster formats), NEO Scavenger logo (raster-only), NEO Scavenger "box art," and screenshots of NEO Scavenger.