Played through the NEO Scavenger demo, and want more? Try the full version!
The demo version is an unlimited time, limited area sample of NEO Scavenger's gameplay. It includes the opening encounter, and a subset of items, creatures, and crafting recipes from the full version.
The full version has the following additions:
- Save games - You can save and quit at any time, to resume later.
- Full Map - No limits on map exploration.
- More Items - More item types and loot variety.
- More Crafting - Wider range of recipes for crafting.
- Detroit - Access to a major city, with services and encounters.
- Markets - Places to buy and sell supplies.
- More Encounters - More events like the cryo facility opening encounter (currently about ~12 as big or bigger than cryo, and ~100 mini encounters)
- Hacking - Hardware and software loot can be mined for data. Some valuable, others humorous, some historical.
- Full Soundtrack - The game has a dozen beautiful tracks that play intermittently, composed by Josh Culler. Customers can also download the soundtrack as high-quality mp3s.
Going forward, my plan is to focus on fixing bugs and improving modding support in the full version, while the demo remains feature/content frozen. The demo will continue to get bug fixes, UI enhancements, and balancing, however.
NEO Scavenger has no official ESRB/PEGI rating, so the best way for parents to decide is to try the free demo for themselves. This way, they'll get a feel for the style of game and it's content.
If I were choosing for my own children, I'd probably recommend the game be limited to kids 11 and up. While there's no graphic violence nor sexual content depicted, there is quite a lot of descriptive, violent text. Bandits bash heads with metal saucepans, wounds get infected and pus-filled, and killing can be common in some games. The world of NEO Scavenger is a dark place, and there are mature themes such as slavery, cannibalism, and corruption. And items such as whiskey, prescription drugs, and medicinal plants are featured.
Ultimately, the demo is the best way to measure appropriateness. It's there precisely so new customers can decide if NEO Scavenger is right for them!
Already a member or supporter? Login below!
Ready to purchase NEO Scavenger? Awesome! Here are your options.
|Option||DRM-Free Full Version||Browser Full Version||Keys Included||Price ($USD,
plus local tax)
|Login or register to
|Buy from GOG.com
||$14.99 USD + tax|
|Buy from Steam
||Access through Steam *|
* Customers can also purchase the game through Steam, or in stores selling Steam keys, and will have instant access to the full version on Steam. However, purchasing a Steam key will not unlock access here or anywhere else.
|Icon||What You Get|
|Get instant access to NEO Scavenger! Download a DRM-free version and start playing right away, and share feedback in the forums!|
|Play NEO Scavenger in your browser! Load and play the Flash version of NEO Scavenger here on bluebottlegames.com.|
|Includes access to NEO Scavenger on Steam! (When Buying Direct, Steam keys will appear on this page once you have beta access.)|
Looking for other ways to support NEO Scavenger? Help out by spreading the word! Tell your friends!