Android Testing, and New Space Music!
Hey Folks! A bit less productive today, at least in terms of coding. But still some interesting developments!
First, I finally was able to build and deploy a debug build directly to my Android phone! Technically, I've done this a long time ago, but not since the game was just starting the porting process. Tiago usually handles the builds, and then shares them with me. This was my first time getting the pipeline running on my own machine for local testing, which is good!
I spent some time testing the bugs I've been working on, to make sure nothing crashed the game unexpectedly, and so far, so good. Tiago checked-in his fixes, too (IAPs missing when no internet, and Android crashes when app loses focus, plus UI alignment issues), and then wrapped-up some new beta builds, which I've sent to testers. Hopefully, this represents a significant step forward for many users!
In the wake of that test, I also started looking into some resolution/zoom issues people are reporting. However, this turned out to be a rabbit hole that I barely explored. So many variables for screen size, game size, stage size, scale modes, zoom levels, device size, etc.
In other news, Josh submitted his latest track for the space prototype! It's a theme to be used in a marketplace with a US-based culture from old Earth. He went for a mix of styles sort of like what you'd hear at a music festival or expo, and I think it'll work well. We now have several cultural influences in these game locations, reflecting the fabric of the various cultures that got us into NEO Scavenger's solar system.
That's all for this week. Have a good weekend, all, and see you Monday!